Saturday 22 February 2014

Stalker's Guide To - a G3 whistleblower novel - new cover concept, narrative

I did it, I bit the fucking bullet, again, and it was so obvious.
 
Started to write STALKER'S GUIDE TO and realised (almost instantly, having partially written up chapter one) that this novel was going to be 'really fucking weird' and 'really fucking different' from the one I started to write. And it tied in wonderfully with where my writing mind has been alighting for the last few months, namely the G3 or Global Gambling Game operatives and their cellular ilk.
 
I found 7,000 words of inspirational text that I wanted to flavour the novel with, work that I'd done 'some years ago' and then the secondary motivational narrative thread just kinda suggested itself without my help. Layers...
 
I mean, I've had the idea for this 3d-game-becomes-novel for so long I was missing the obvious. Narrative twist, or as I like to think of it 'page-turnery flagellating'. I kinda caught myself by surprise. Pondering it now, this new INTENSE-EMOTIONAL narrative direction and having to integrate such an Apocalyptic Agency into my Good Samaritan story...
 
Genius, I tells ya, "Pure genius."
 
 
DAY LATER UPDATE: well, you guessed it, "First chapter completely rewritten to accommodate this new 'layer'."

No comments:

Post a Comment